Sue Monhait joins the Indie Show!
Sue Monhait is a business owner, podcast host, speaker, educator and best selling author for the community she’s lovingly named, “Gifters-Bakers-Crafters-Makers” … people who create beautiful and delicious products that they want to share with the world.
Sue has been working in both the retail and online spaces for over 25 years. After spending time in corporate sales/marketing, working with literally hundreds of boutique shops and larger brands, she went on to open two profitable businesses of her own. The Ribbon Print Company offers custom ribbon printing systems, supplies and training so businesses can provide product personalization right in their store or craft studio. Gift Biz Unwrapped consists of a weekly podcast, online training and a membership community focusing on women who have a hobby or creative passion they want to turn into a profitable business.
She also works with existing business owners who have gotten stuck or are looking for that one thing that’s needed for them to gain traction and move ahead. As host of the Gift Biz Unwrapped podcast, Sue provides free content weekly to assist those searching for answers on how to start and grow their business.
· 1:21 Who Sue is + What she does
· 1:41 Her Book: http://giftbizunwrapped.com/makertomaster/
· 1:49 Her Website: http://giftbizunwrapped.com/
· 3:25 Her Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GiftBizBreeze/
· 3:53 Her Podcast: http://giftbizunwrapped.com/episodes/
· 7:17 “The cave you enter is the one that holds the treasure.”
· 11:53 What successful businesses have looked like that she has interacted with
· 17:21 Differentiating yourself and what you are creating for your customer
· 19:09 It takes work to create your own space instead of being on another platform (ie. Etsy, Instagram, ect.)
· 23:13 Being a maker and finite amount of product you can make and the solutions for it
· 26:53 Thinking BIGGER as a creative entrepreneurs
The Indie Show is a live chat hosted by Joey Vitale from Indie Law. Every week, they bring on a business expert to shed light on different aspects of running a creative business. We go live most Thursdays at 2 pm CT. Like and follow the Indie Law page so you don’t miss out on future episodes!