In this episode of the Indie Show series, we chatted with growth strategist Kathy Austin
Kathy E. Austin is a growth strategist, speaker and founder of Boss Rising, a growth accelerator, for leaders of creative companies. She has spent the past 15 years in small business and the corporate world unearthing the secrets of being a bossy-ass boss. Kathy helps entrepreneurs take their existing company and crank it up to the place they’ve dreamed about by tapping into the power of bossy and implementing the six pillars of growth. Kathy lives in Seattle with her family and makes her own wine under the Perseid Peak label.
Discussed in this episode:
- 01:49 From Corporate to Creative Business
- 05:25 Goals and resolutions
- 15:35 Failures are awesome
- 22:51 Theory of a wiseman: emotional mind and logical mind
- 27:38 What the non-revenues goals can be?
- 32:11 Legal strategies
- 42:46 Intellectual property
- 53:16 Time blocking – definition and implementation
- 57:57 Morning rituals
Quotes by Kathy
“Failures are awesome”
Connect with Kathy on social media!
Links and references:
- E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber
- Lean Start-Up by Eric Ries
- Playing Big by Tara Mohr
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown or everything by Brene Brown
- Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull and team
- Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- 9 Things Successful People Do Differently by Heidi Grant Halvorson
- One Person / Multiple Careers by Marci Alboher
Watch our interview with Kathy below — hit the play button and enjoy!
The Indie Show is a live chat hosted by Joey Vitale, the attorney for creatives behind Indie Law. Every week, Joey brings on a business expert to shed light on different aspects of running a creative business.