In this episode of the Indie Show series, we chatted with Jim Jesse from
Lots of great information in this convo with Jim Jesse from Rock N Roll Law! Thanks again, Jim!
In this video, we talked a lot about copyrights, licenses, trademarks, and other legal concerns around music—and why this matters even for creatives who aren’t musicians! Here are links to some of the things we addressed in the video:
– Jim’s website: https://rocknrolllaw.com/
– Jim’s book, The Copyright Manual: https://rocknrolllaw.com/product/manual/
– Jim’s podcast: https://soundcloud.com/rocknrolllaw
– The Copyright Office website: copyright.gov
– Creative Commons (for royalty-free music entered into the public domain): https://creativecommons.org/
Watch our interview with Jim below — hit the play button and enjoy!
The Indie Show is a live chat hosted by Joey Vitale, the attorney for creatives behind Indie Law. Every week, Joey brings on a business expert to shed light on different aspects of running a creative business.