In this episode of the Indie Show series, we chatted with Business strategist and speaker Dannie Fountain
Business strategist, speaker, and full-time digital nomad, Dannie is going to share her tips when it comes to pitching big brands, having “ready to send” bios and pitches, and how & why your business should be using Instagram.
When I think of Dannie, the first word that comes to mind is impressive. Well, and super fun. But mostly impressive. Dannie has truly achieved so much in her career, and I’m honored to have her on the Show!
Dannie is a marketing and business strategist for creative entrepreneurs. Earning her business acumen working in marketing for brands such as Whirlpool and H&R Block, she has a combined 9 years experience as an entrepreneur and strategist. She works with entrepreneurs and corporate clients alike to brainstorm, strategize, and implement strategic plans and processes to better their business and increase their sales. Beyond strategy, Dannie is the author of three books on entrepreneurship, a regular speaker on strategy worldwide, and a digital nomad. Her work has been submitted to and recognized by Cannes Lions, the Effies, and more.
We discussed in this episode
- 02:00Dannie’s journey into Marketing
- 06:49 Pitching the big brands
- 12:04 How to make that connection with the brand
- 14:50 Instagram: Get to know the person behind the business
- 20:44 Website brings the sales
- 23:45 Reaching out the audience and its volume threshold
- 29:49 Speak about your creative passion
- 31:22 Workflow. How is Dannie managing nomad’s life
Check out Dannie’s books!
- Big Plan for the Creative Mind
- The Side Hustle Gal: A Part Time Entrepreneur’s Guide to Life and Business
- The Bucketlist Babe: The Everygirl’s Guide to Dreaming Big
Watch our interview with Dannie below — hit the play button and enjoy!
The Indie Show is a live chat hosted by Joey Vitale, the attorney for creatives behind Indie Law. Every week, Joey brings on a business expert to shed light on different aspects of running a creative business.