In this episode of the Indie Show series, we chatted with Dannie Fountain and Adam J. Kurtz
A bit of background here. Dannie is a marketing and business strategist for creative entrepreneurs. Earning her business acumen working in marketing for brands such as Whirlpool and H&R Block, she has a combined 9 years experience as an entrepreneur and strategist. Dannie now currently works at Google. Adam J. Kurtz (aka @adamjk) is an artist and author whose illustrative work is rooted in honesty, humor and a little darkness. His newest book, Things Are What You Make of Them, is available now.
Watch our interview with Dannie and Adam below — hit the play button and enjoy!
Discussed in this episode:
- 00:50 How and when Dannie and Adam met
- 09:51 Dannie’s recent book and being an author
- 13:24 The importance of being “multi-passionate”
- 17:55 Adam’s book snapshots
- 19:50 Replication and trademark in art
- 28:41 “Shop Art Theft” and cases of independent creators’ works being stolen
- 37:42 Copyrights vs trademarks
- 43:01 Trademarks, popular phrases or slogans, and the risk of “genericide”
- 52:15 Wrapping things up
Check out Dannie’s books!
- Big Plan for the Creative Mind
- The Side Hustle Gal: A Part Time Entrepreneur’s Guide to Life and Business
- The Bucketlist Babe: The Everygirl’s Guide to Dreaming Big
Check out Adam’s books and art!
- Things Are What You Make of Them: Life Advice for Creatives
- 1 Page at a Time: A Daily Creative Companion
- You can find more books, artwork, and projects from Adam here.
Connect with Dannie & Adam on social media!
You can find more Indie Show episodes at www.indielaw.tv — and tune in live at www.indielaw.live. The Indie Show is a live chat hosted by Joey Vitale, the attorney for creatives behind Indie Law. Every week, Joey brings on a business expert to shed light on different aspects of running a creative business.