In this episode of the Indie Show series, we chatted with Cindy Scott
Cindy is a live event painter and owner of TooRooster Artistry, event & wedding painter. From Cindy:
“I find I’m drawing on almost every experience and every memory as I get to know my current line of work- painting on the sidewalk with water at the cabin, absorbing the use and care of a variety of materials as I’d watch my mom create and craft and my dad build furniture and instruments, having to know the process and demonstrate it when I taught art in there public schools, everything continues to come together. And each lesson is serving me immensely these days.
Watch our interview with Cindy below — hit the play button and enjoy!
Discussed in this episode:
- 01:58 Intro to Cindy’s live event painter business
- 07:15 Multiple moments captured in a frame
- 09:00 Who is a potential client?
- 12:12 The artist technique
- 14:48 Transforming idea into business
- 18:48 Instant marketing
- 24:40 Customer segment through internet
- 30:12 Legalities and permissions needed
- 34:48 Work mobility
- 36:48 Dreams and business growth
- 40:56 Advice to a beginner
Check out Cindy’s website:
Connect with Cindy on social media!
You can find more Indie Show episodes at www.indielaw.tv — and tune in live at www.indielaw.live. The Indie Show is a live chat hosted by Joey Vitale, the attorney for creatives behind Indie Law. Every week, Joey brings on a business expert to shed light on different aspects of running a creative business.