In this episode of the Indie Show series, we chatted with HR expert Ashley Cox
We were THRILLED to have our good friend Ashley Cox on the Indie Show! Ashley Cox is The HR Partner for Creatives at Sprout HR, where she makes the intimidating, overwhelming, and confusing parts of hiring, training, and leading a team simple, actionable, and fun, so you can confidently lead a profitable team. When she’s not getting nerdy with all the HR things, Ashley loves going on adventures with her husband, Mike, who always keeps her laughing, and getting into mischief with her quirky rescue dog, Myla Mayhem. She has a knack for making up jingles about everyday life and you can often find her curled up with a good book.
In this episode, we chatted about
- How Ashley got into the HR World
- Creative Passions and hating a business around it
- What the most understood things are about HR
- Hiring for your business with clarity
- The overwhelm of Systems
- Employee Handbooks in your business
- Independent Contractors
- Hierarchy of Needs and Investing Branding
- What Ashley loves and is passionate about, outside of her business
Quotes from Ashley
Identify your needs versus your wants in your business.
Once you have that process, it is so much easier to hire someone to do the job.
Watch our interview with Ashley Cox below — hit the play button and enjoy