In this episode of the Indie Show series, we chatted with Arianne Foulks.
Arianne Foulks is captain and founder of Aeolidia, a web and graphic design studio that has been working with creative, design-oriented shops since 2004. Aeolidia serves those at early stages on their path with an informative blog and supportive community, and meets established businesses at that tipping point where strategic design can be transformative and cause exponential growth.
Within the tight niche of creative independent businesses that may have attended a few Renegade Craft Fairs, outgrown Etsy, or partnered with national retailers, Arianne and Aeolidia are well known and trusted, peerless in their breadth of knowledge and wealth of experience.
Watch our interview with Arianne Foulks — hit the play button and enjoy!
Discussed in this episode:
- 01:24 The backstory of Arianne Foulks and Aeolidia
- 07:48 Being good at what you do vs. being good at business
- 14:56 How much more people know about design
- 15:21 What services Aeolidia offers + who she started hiring out to
- 18:52 What businesses are best to work with Aeolidia
- 24:25 What should business owners do to level-up
- 27:45 Knowing who your product is for and what makes it special
- 30:33 Her Ecommerce Strategy Newsletter: https://aeolidia.com/shipshape
- 34:01 The sunk cost fallacy
- 42:56 Apps she uses in her business
- 47:16 Getting off of Etsy or third-party platforms
Prefer an audio experience?
We got you covered!
Connect with Arianne Foulks online!
You can find more Indie Show episodes at www.indielaw.tv — and tune in live at www.indielaw.live. The Indie Show is a live chat hosted by Joey Vitale, the attorney for creatives behind Indie Law. Every week, Joey brings on a business expert to shed light on different aspects of running a creative business.